Terms & Conditions
1. All students participating in a PADI diver training programme are required to complete mandatory PADI course documentation in an honest and reliable manner. Any known medical conditions must be declared and notified to Diving Leisure London Limited (DLL), prior to the start of any water based dive course. Failure to declare medical conditions in accordance with the PADI Medical Declaration form which then later becomes known will result in student suspension from the course until a satisfactory medical certificate has been gained.
Course Deposits and Fees
2. For PADI Experience Programmes and Courses full payment is required on booking. On receipt of full payment and medical form, confirmation and full details will be sent to you.
3. For PADI courses the receipt of payment will release your eLearning or course manual for you to keep. Postage will be charged if you require course materials to be sent out. Collection from the centre is free.
4. For PADI PRO courses (Divemaster & IDC) a crewpack is also required and this will need to be paid in advance. Normally these are for collection only but we can arrange these be couriered with rates agreed in advance. Collection from the centre is free.
5. DLL does not operate a refund policy. Monies remaining on a student account can be used as credit within DLL for that student or another named party for recreational scuba courses.
6. Should a course require open water dives the student is required to pay for dive site entrance fees, tank refill and if applicable overnight accommodation, food and transport.
Cancellations, Rescheduling & No Shows
7. ‘No Shows’ are when you fail to turn up for a scheduled session without giving us any notice. Payments made for the session will not be refunded or credited to a future session.
8. Should you need to reschedule a course or experience with less than the required notice period of 14 days then a rescheduling fee will be applied. Rescheduling a course or experience after the start time of that session is classed as a ‘No Show’ (point 7)
9. If you are unable to attend a course, or part of a course and provide more than the required notice period of 14 days, we will endeavour to reschedule your course to another date that is suitable to you without any rescheduling fee. We do not provide any refunds and any part payments made for courses will remain in credit on said account for up to 1 year from booking date.
10. Failure to complete the full course requirements for any reason caused by the student, will result in additional charges being made to complete the course at a later stage. This includes not being able to demonstrate competence to meet the performance requirements as laid down by the PADI Course Standards. If you are not willing to pay the additional fees to complete your course, a referral document will be issued to you which will hold good for a period of 12 months from the date of last portion of the course completed.
11. In the event that a situation arises and Diving Leisure London Limited are unable to deliver your course on pre-arranged dates, we will endeavour to give you as much notice as possible and will re-schedule your course. Diving Leisure London Limited reserve the right to cancel courses if PADI Professionals are not fit to dive or if diving conditions render student diving unsafe. Risk assessment controls will determine conditions to dive.
Personal& Credit Card Details
12. We are required to hold your personal details for a period of 7 years as required by PADI International Limited. We will at all times treat your details with respect and will not share them with any other company. Credit card details are not held after full payment of your course has been made, and are shredded.
Course Deposits, Rescheduling & Admin Fees
13. If you cancel your course or diving experience due to illness we require a medical certificate from your GP within 7 days and you will be only charged the Administration Fee for that course. Failure to provide us with a medical within 7 days of the original course date will result in Rescheduling Fee for that course. Cancelling a course or experience AFTER the start time of that session is classed as a ‘No Show’ (point 7).