Diving Leisure London is a full PADI tec diving centre, offering a complete range of technical diving courses from entry level through to full trimix. As well as offering a comprehensive range of technical diving courses, we aim to make technical diving fun, accessible and friendly. We also arrange regular tec trips within the UK and abroad.
Tec diving has been around for a long time now but, much like recreational scuba diving many years ago, it is often seen as elitist, difficult and dangerous. PADI did wonders in the diving industry when they made recreational diving accessible to all ages and sexes and simplified and modernised what was often a very unnecessarily militarised style of training, and they've now done the same with technical diving. PADI now have a full range of technical diving courses which follow the same structure: Great training materials and standards but a fun, accessible attitude towards diving.
Our ethos is simple: We don't see Tec diving as separate, it's just another set of exciting courses and skills to help you have more fun and develop as a diver. That's why there's no separate club, we don't have 'teccies and reccies' we just have divers who want to dive with other like minded individuals. Therefore we welcome all divers from novices to qualified tec divers looking for a club to dive with.
Here are some of the myths we routinely dismiss:
- Tec diving is dangerous: Whilst Tec diving has a greater risk than recreational diving, in exactly the same manner as recreational scuba, a diver with the right attitude and experience can safely learn all the skills to enjoy deeper and more involved dives.
- You have to be a very experienced diver to tec dive: Again, whilst it is important to be comfortable in the water and to have built up a degree of diving experience, you only need around 40 logged dives to begin your technical diving education, you certainly don't require years and 100s of dives to begin.
- The equipment weighs a tonne and it's only for big burly blokes: Well, yes it is heavier but rather than write a big justification just check out this picture.
- It costs a fortune: Tec40 costs just £450 and we supply all the gear for use on the course.
WHY TEC DIVE?
So with all that in mind, the most obvious question that follows is 'why tec dive?'
- It's a new challenge, you'll learn a whole range of new skills and try new and exciting types of equipment.
- It will hugely improve your diving skills, even when diving recreationally.
- Most importantly, YOU can become a genuine explorer. By learning how to tec dive you'll be able to explore unknown wrecks and visit places very few people have ever been.
At DLL we have an active dive club where many are tec qualified so you'll have lot's of tec diving buddies. We also run regular trips with our expert instructors on hand to advise and help. We'll also help you to plan tec dives and ensure that safety standards are followed and maintained. We'll give you the safe, fun environment in which to grow as tec diver so you'll use your skills and want to do more.
- Discover Tec Diving - If you're interested in tec diving, and would like to try diving in a twinset, book on and have a go!
- Tec 40 - A brilliant entry point to the world of tec diving. You'll learn to use the full technical diving rig and manage decompression in the 40m depth range
- Tec 45 - This course takes you beyond the depth limit of recreational diving to 45 metres, and introduces you to the concepts of accelerated decompression
- Tec 50 - Dive to 50m with multiple stages and accelerate your decompression with up to 100% oxygen
- Tec Trimix 65 - This course opens up the advantages of trimix to the diver, and divers are qualified to make multi-stop decompression dives to 65m that employ EANx and oxygen for accelerated decompression, and any trimix with an oxygen content of 18% or more.
- Tec Trimix - The PADI Tec Trimix Diver course takes you to the outer edges of technical deep diving, opening the door to pristine dive sites few divers – if any – ever see.