Tec 40 is a brilliant entry point to the world of tec diving. You'll learn how to use the full technical diving rig and manage decompression in the 40m depth range.
How the course works
The Tec40 course is a brilliant choice for anyone interested in getting involved in tec diving. It only takes 4 days to complete and introduces you to all the basics of technical diving from equipment configuration, dive planning, gas switching and decompression.
- Day 1 is a day of theory and discussion. We talk through all the equipment used for tec diving and explain the different configuration choices. We also talk through decompression models, gas planning and emergency situations as well as all the other special aspects of technical diving.
- Day 2 we continue the theory with dive planning and then head to the pool in the afternoon for some skills practice, including valve shutdown drills, gas switching and gas sharing.
- Day 3 is spent at an inland site further practicing skills and calculating gas consumption rates. You wil also get used to diving in the technical rig in relatively shallow water.
- Day 4 you'll conduct a simulated deco dive and then finally a full decompression dive to 40m where you'll put everything you've learned into practice.
At the end of the course you'll be qualified to dive to 40 metres and manage up to 10 minutes of decompression.
The course includes all course materials, equipment hire, training and certification. The following are not included:
- Transportation to/from the dive site, though we will usually try and arrange car-sharing between course participants
- Dive site entry fees
- Accommodation (where applicable)
- Advanced diver
- Nitrox and Deep qualified
- 16 years old
- Approx. 40 logged dives
- Medical form signed off by a doctor
What's the next step?
Take your training further into technical diving with Tec 45.