Sidemount diving gives you flexibility and streamlining options. Plus, you don’t have to walk with heavy cylinders on your back – just enter the water, clip them on and go. Sound interesting? Sign up for the PADI Sidemount Diver Specialty course.
What will you learn?
Along with learning about the many benefits of diving with a sidemount configuration, during one confined water and three open water scuba dives you’ll learn how to:
- Properly assemble and configure sidemount scuba diving equipment.
- Trim your weight system and sidemount gear so you’re perfectly balanced in the water.
- Manage gas by switching second stages as planned, if wearing two cylinders.
- Respond correctly to potential problems when sidemount diving.
The course includes all course materials, equipment hire, training and certification. The following are not included:
- Transportation to/from the dive site, though we will usually try and arrange car-sharing between course participants
- Dive site entry fees
- Accommodation (where applicable)
- PADI Open Water Diver
- At least 15 years old