PADI Open Water Course (Full)
Prices from £460
PADI Open Water Course (Full)
Prices from £460
The PADI Open Water Course is the best entry level course to the amazing world of Scuba Diving. It takes only 3-4 days to complete and afterwards you will be qualified to dive to 18m with a globally recognised certification valid for life!
Please email or call us on 020 7924 4106 to book a date for you course.
Save money on multiple course bookings! Click here for more information.
Click here to find out why we love UK diving.
- Bronze (£460): Our basic option includes PADI's state-of-the-art e-learning. The course runs over the 2 weekends and you will learn how to plan your dives using a computer. On the first weekend you will complete the course work and confined water dives in a pool. On the second weekend you will complete your open water dives. The 2 weekends do not need to be done consecutively.
- Silver (£485): Our most popular option includes a mask and snorkel (save £25). This mean you’ll have the comfort of completing the course in your own well-fitting mask and you’ll also save money on the retail price of the equipment.
- Gold (£590): Get personalised instruction with our one day pool package. To book please contact the shop directly (If there are 2 of you wanting to take this option then the course price becomes £550 per person)
- Platinum (£POA) - A one-on-one course over 3 days of your choice.This option works very well for those with limited time who cannot join us on scheduled dates. To book please contact the shop directly (If there are 2 of you wanting to take this option then the course price becomes £719 per person)
- Platinum Plus (£POA): Our ultimate package, this package includes a full set of scuba equipment at a discounted prices . Our equipment experts will be able help you choose the right kit for you and then make sure the equipment is fitted correctly and that you are comfortable in the water. The advantage of this course is that not only do you get a great deal on the equipment and the course, you will also learn all the skills in your own equipment and your instructor present to help you with familiarise yourself with your equipment. You can book this as a one-on-one course for a supplement. To book please contact the shop directly
How the course works
The full Open Water Course is split into 3 sections: e-learning theory, swimming pool skills and open water dives.
The theory is completed on PADI's state-of-the-art e-learning website. Swimming pool sections are conducted over one weekend and open water dives over another weekend. These 2 weekends do not need to be consecutive.
Swimming Pool Skills
We usually run the swimming pool skills over 2 days on a weekend
- We meet at the dive centre on the Saturday morning where you will meet your instructor and have the opportunity to ask any questions about the e-learning course materials and about the course in general.
- You will complete 5 confined water dives in our pool in Southfields. These dives will give you a chance to learn and practise the skills you will need in open water.
Open Water Qualifying Dives
There are 4 open water training dives and these are always run over 2 days. We use a variety of inland sites for the training and where we go depends on the conditions. We will always aim to go to a dive site that offers the optimal conditions for training rather than just the closest one.
The idea is that once you have completed the skills in the swimming pool all you need to do is repeat them in the open water environment. You will be with an instructor and divemaster on every single dive at a maximum ratio of 2 student divers to DLL staff members. We work slowly and patiently with you gradually increasing your confidence over the 2 days until at the end you qualify as an Open Water Diver. We also offer an optional drysuit bolt on course for a reduced price as we believe in ensuring you'll be warm, comfortable and able to fully enjoy your dives.
If you have any questions about scheduling a course then please don't hesitate to call or email us, or drop in and we'd be very happy to answer any queries you might have.
The Open Water Course is a not a pass or fail course with a set time limit. The amount of time we allocate is usually plenty of time to complete all the sections. We simply work with you all the way to make certain that you meet the performance requirements and if this takes more time then that is not a problem at all. At DLL we provide an extra session free of charge on any area in the event that you need some extra coaching.
The standard Open Water Course with e-learning follows the following schedule:
- 10.30-12.00: Quick quiz and equipment workshop in the 'deco lounge'
- 13.00-17.30: Skills practice in the swimming pool
Sunday: Skills practice at the pool: 13:00-17:30
Timings are dive site dependent but when diving at Wraysbury the following timings apply:
- Saturday 9.30-16.00: Open water dives one and two
- Sunday 9.30-16.00: Open water dives three and four
The course includes all course materials, equipment hire, training and certification. The following are not included in the package price:
- Transportation to/from the dive centre, pool and dive site, though we will usually try our best to arrange car sharing if required
- Dive site entry
- Accommodation (where applicable)
- Open to anyone aged 10 or up
- Able to swim (You don't need to be a strong swimmer, just able to tread water and swim 200m)
What's the next step?
The next step after the Open Water Course is to move onto the Advanced Course. This course actually works very well back-to-back with the Open Water as it consists of 5 more supervised open water dives with an instructor refining some of your skills like buoyancy and navigation as well as qualifying you to dive to 30m. You can save money by pre-booking multiple courses! (call to enquire)