SCUBA DIVING FOR CHILDREN
Scuba diving is a safe, fun, and highly rewarding hobby for children, and can be a great hobby for the whole family (think family scuba diving holidays!). It can also be credited toward the Duke of Edinburgh Award. Click here to find out more.
Scuba diving fosters teamwork, responsibility, confidence, and awareness of others and one's surroundings. It provides a practical and fun application of the educational disciplines of physiology, physics and biology. Children from the age of 8 can experience diving through our Bubblemaker and Seal Team programmes. From the age of 10, children can qualify to become a Junior Open Water Diver, and from 15 years of age children can qualify for Open Water Diver.
Diving Leisure London has been teaching since 1997 and in our years of experience we have successfully accredited hundreds of junior divers including Scouts (we are currently working on a project to teach 90 scouts), Army Cadets and through our Seal Team diving programme for children.
- Bubblemaker - Children can experience a taste of scuba diving in a safe learning environment.
- Seal Team - Children can join the DLL seal team, and complete underwater missions that improve their diving skills in a fun format.
- Junior Open Water - Qualifies children to dive to depths of 12 metres with a qualified diver. To register your child, just book the standard open water referral if you would like them to complete the qualifying dives abroad, or the full open water course for them to complete the who course here.
A Bubblemaker party is a unique and fun way to celebrate a special event such as a child's birthday, and can be an amazing experience for a group of children from ages 8-14. Bubblemaker is as fun as it sounds – a chance for kids to blow bubbles by scuba diving. Children who are at least 8 years old can use scuba gear to breathe underwater and swim around in shallow water. Have a party or celebrate a birthday by throwing a memorable, exciting Bubblemaker event with friends and family. Call, email or drop in to enquire.
What will the group learn?
Bubblemakers get a chance to:
- Experience scuba diving under the direct care and supervision of a PADI Pro.
- Take their first breaths underwater in water shallower than 2 metres/6 feet.
- Learn about and use scuba diving equipment made for children – not adults.
- Have lots of fun.
Scuba Diving Equipment for Children
At Diving Leisure, we have invested in specialised equipment for children, including children's buoyancy control devices and small tanks to provide a more comfortable and fun experience. Our instructors also have extensive experience in teaching children in both small and large groups. We increase the number of staff dependant on group size to ensure a safe and fun learning environment.